USING ONLY NATURAL INGREDIENTS
IN DEVELOPING THE USES FOR LIGHTLY YEAST FERMENTED WHEAT GERM FLOUR, WE HAVE COME TO BELIEVE THAT ITS EFFECT IS THAT OF A PREBIOTIC i.e. BY DEFINITION A NON-DIGESTIBLE FOOD INGREDIENT THAT PROMOTES THE GROWTH OF BENEFICIAL MICROORGANISMS IN THE INTESTINES’.
Further to this belief is the general notion that the gut flora has a significant influence on the brain. The proposed existence of what has been called the gut brain skin axis is supportive of this view. Further we have found, with the assistance of Professor Gareth Leng at the University of Edinburgh, that shortly after oral administration of eCalm to rats there are changes in a portion of the brain, the paraventricular nucleus, that is responsible for many neuro-endocrinological effect particularly response to stress and regulation of appetite.
Over the past seven years we studied horses mainly at Easterton Stables a large high quality mixed stables with small stud, livery facilities and providing training for dressage, eventing and show jumping.
In summary we;
- Explored some 200 oestrous cycles in mares with behaviourial issues when in season including over sixty cycles used as deprivation controls and made observations on 66 geldings and 25 mares with poor behaviour not associated with oestrus.
- Without fail the use of fermented wheat germ extract significantly reduced the behavioural problems (Weetman et al 2016).
- Studies on 66 geldings and 25 mares with behaviourial issues, where hormonal problems seemed not responsible, revealed a similar beneficial effect. In all instances, albeit with various timings, calmer behaviour was restored (Weetman et al. 2018).
- During the above studies, it was found that many of the horses with behaviorial issues also had comorbidities such as colic, lamininitis, sweet itch and weight loss. eCalm has been shown to support gut and hoof health and skin and coat condition.
These findings have been published (Weetman M, Watson T, Brown R, Murray M, Davies A. (2016). Veterinary Times 46: 12-14, Supplementary control of oestrus behaviour in mares and the second paper on geldings and non-oestrus mares has been accepted for publication by the Vet Times.
EASIER TO HANDLE
eCalm has been shown to improve horse behaviour on issues such as aggression, wind sucking and moodiness.
MORE FOCUSSED IN COMPETITONS
Along with improving behaviour, eCalm has been shown to promote better focus and improve the horses concertration.
CALM AND COMPLIANT
When used on geldings and mares with behavioural problems eCalm has been shown to restore calmer behaviour resulting an more compliant animal for dentist, farrier etc.
EXTENSIVELY TESTED BY VETERINARY RESEARCHERS
NATURAL VET NUTRITION LTD HAS A NUMBER OF SCIENCE PROFESSORS AND VETERINARY SURGEONS WORKING TO DEVELOP SAFE AND EFFECTIVE REMEDIES BASED ON THE POWERFUL BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF WHEAT GERM EXTRACT.
- eCalm has been extensively tested by veterinary researchers over a number of years and acts as a prebiotic like no other calmer product available.
- eCalm not only improves behaviour in mares and geldings but it can improve the general condition of the horse delivering a shiny coat and improved hoof condition.
- eCalm is safe to use and should be used on a daily basis to maintain the positive effects.
- Added advantage of supporting general condition.
- Can be given daily without disadvantage and for long periods for maintained effect.
*Trial data on file, NVN
NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENTS WITHIN 5 DAYS
We were delighted to have the opportunity to work with Fiona at Kingsmead Equestrian Centre based in Warlingham Surrey. Fiona has over 40 horses at her riding stables and some of them showed signs of behavioural issues which may have impacted the riding experience for her customers’. 19 horses with behaviourial issues, including wind sucking, anxiousnees, biting and spooking, were fed eCalm for 2 months. At the end of the study, almost every horse had shown visible signs of improvement.
Last season she got stressed in the lorry as soon as we arrived at competitions and I had to have a lunge line on her at all times after losing her at two events !! This made life very stressful and dangerous for everyone and I found it very hard to focus her energy into her work meaning results were a bit hit and miss. Thanks to eCalm she’s now happy to stand on the lorry and so much calmer to ride so due to this her performance and results have hugely improved and day to day life has become a lot easier for me and her!KATH MCELHINEY
ANOTHER ECALM SUCCESS STORY!
BREKES VIDEOS FROM KIRSTY AIRD
THE VIDEO BELOW SHOWS HOW TENSE HE COULD GET GOING DISUNITED, SHORT IN HIS NECK AND TENSE IN HIS JAW. HIS JUMP IS ALSO VERY TENSE, AND TIGHT THROUGH HIS BACK.
AFTER TAKING ECALM – THE VIDEO BELOW SHOWS HOW MUCH MORE RELAXED HE IS, CONCENTRATING ON HIS FENCES, NOT RUSHING AND GIVING HIMSELF TIME TO JUMP AND THEREFORE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN HIS JUMPING TECHNIQUE.
IS BROUGHT TO YOU EXCLUSIVELY BY NATURAL VET NUTRITION LTD